PR Manager USA
About Braeburn Whisky
Braeburn Whisky, the world’s leading Scotch whisky cask investment brokerage, has now arrived in the USA. We offer clients a full end-to-end service for investors, leveraging access to Scotland’s finest distilleries and exceptional expertise in the whisky market.
We provide access to one of the fastest-growing tangible alternative investments on the market and are the only whisky cask brokerage that is fully licensed to operate in the US market in full compliance with SEC regulations.
Our new office is located on 57th Street overlooking Central Park, from where we will be inviting our clients to discover the extraordinary benefits of whisky cask investment to diversify their portfolios. Braeburn Whisky currently has offices in Scotland, Spain and Asia, and we are now excited to open our business in the USA, a vibrant investment market with extraordinary potential.
We believe in offering our private and corporate clients added value in their investment journeys, including a dedicated portfolio manager, whisky tasting events and even the chance to visit their whisky cask at our exclusive client-use warehouse in Scotland.
About the Role
Reporting to our US Managing Director, the PR Manager will work closely with the marketing and executive teams to generate positive press coverage, implement, and spearhead public relations initiatives, including prestigious events and innovative PR campaigns, to increase brand awareness and knowledge about Braeburn and whisky cask investment. The PR Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining essential media relationships, helping to craft key messages and monitoring campaign progress and metrics.
This position in based in our US office located on 57th Street in New York.
Public Relations Manager Officer Essential Skills
- A confident communicator and presenter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- The ability to keep information confidential
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
Public Relations Manager Roles & Responsibilities
- Field media questions
- Pitch stories to the media
- Prepare media kits
- Organize press conferences
- Hire and manage freelance copywriters, graphic designers and others
- Manage the public relation’s department budget
- Engage in dialogue and interact with both internal business leaders and executives as well as the broader constituents affected by a company’s product and policies
- Help clarify their organization’s point of view the US audience through media press releases and interviews
- Develop advertising and marketing communications material
- Prepare articles for corporate newsletters
- Monitor social, economic, and political trends that might affect their organization
- Recommend ways to enhance the firm’s image on the basis of trends
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the financial and investment sectors
- A skilled writer and editor with the ability to create powerful communications.
- A strategic approach to results-driven PR.
- Knowledge of essential digital marketing metrics and parameters to evaluate, and resources to optimize them and improve results.
- Spanish language knowledge is a plus.