Portfolio Manager (German Market) – Based in Mallorca or Barcelona
Braeburn Whisky is the world’s premier whisky cask investment specialist, with headquarters in Scotland and sales offices in Barcelona and Singapore. Our team is young, multicultural and committed to helping our clients get the most out of the exciting world of whisky cask investment. From our extraordinary office in the heart of Barcelona—which features a gym, a bar and a podcast studio— we aim to create a unique and empowering working environment for our team.
We are looking for someone to join us who will fit effortlessly into our sales team and align with our way of doing things, where results are rewarded and the desire to keep moving forward is always celebrated. We believe in diversity and in the ability of every member of our team to work together and contribute their own vision to the success of our business.
Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo, and always reach for the stars.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. Our whisky casks may have been around for a long time, but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places.
Barcelona is a great city to live and that is why we live here, at Braeburn we work hard and play hard, if that sounds good to you and you can do minimum 2 hours per day on the phone and know how to close then get in touch.
As a Portfolio Manager at Braeburn Whisky, you will be part of a team of premiere investment advisors specializing in the sale of whisky casks to investors around the globe. You will be providing appealing cask portfolios to clients and supporting them throughout the entire lifecycle of cask ownership.
- Liaising with clients via email and phone to introduce whisky cask sales.
- Chasing sales leads and following up on opportunities to generate sales by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects.
- Maintaining relationships with existing clients by providing support, information, and guidance; recommending new cask opportunities.
- Answering questions about cask specifications and pricing.
- Creating opportunities and managing their own contact list effectively.
- Working closely with design and marketing teams to offer tailored bottling services to meet clients’ individual needs.
- Networking with companies in the industry.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of casks sold and keeping up to date on industry developments by reading current news or attending conferences.
Travel across Europe to meet clients, host events and seminars.
Candidates will ideally possess:
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to always ‘go further’
- Native-level German
- Fluent in English.
- Proven sales experience and the ability to close.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong sales planning, prospecting, and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
This job will suit a highly motivated individual with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales. If you also have a great passion for whisky, that’s a plus.
Total weekly hours: 35
Your normal days of work will be Monday to Friday, 10:00–18:00.
* EU work permit required.
In addition to the basic salary of €21,000, Braeburn Whisky offers a competitive uncapped commission scheme linked directly to the sales profit. OTE of £100k+
We have many members of the team who made over 200k per annum in 2021.
– Profit based and uncapped commission paid monthly.